NOTE; as per the SIA Training Specifications, this course will be delivered over 3 days as of 1st January …
NOTE; as per the SIA Training Specifications, this course will be delivered over 3 days as of 1st January 2015 if unit 1 working in the private security industry is complete through distance learning otherwise 4 days.
Who is the course for?
The Level 2 Award in SIA CCTV Operations (Public Space Surveillance) has been developed to meet the requirements of the Security Industry Authority (SIA). It is based on the relevant SIA ‘Specifications for Learning and Qualifications for CCTV Control Room Operators (PSS) and provides the necessary skills and knowledge for those who wish to apply for an SIA licence and work as a CCTV Operative.
Under the Private Security Industry Authority Act 2001, all individuals wishing to work in the private security industry must undertake a recognised qualification before applying for a
What does the course involve?
This qualification is split into 3 modules and delegates must complete and pass units 1, 2 and 3 as outlined below in order to achieve a Level 2 Award in CCTV Operations and allow delegates to apply for their SIA licence.
The course is assessed through 2 multiple-choice examinations and a practical assessment.
The course is made up of the following units:
Unit 1: Working in the Private Security Industry
- Know the main characteristics of the Private Security Industry
- Understand legislation as it applies to the individual in carrying out a licensable activity
- Understand the importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements
- Understand fire procedures in the Workplace
- Understand emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
- Understand the importance of communication skills and customer care
Unit 2: Working as a CCTV Operator.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the CCTV operator and other CCTV staff
- Understand CCTV codes of practice, operational procedures and guidelines
- Understand relevant legislation and how it impacts on CCTV Operations
- Understand the importance of communication within CCTV operations
- Understand emergency procedures in the CCTV control room
- Understand the characteristics of a CCTV System
- Understand health and safety relevant to the CCTV operator
Unit 3: Practical use of a CCTV.
- Operate CCTV Equipment.
- Demonstrate the operational use of a CCTV System.
Are there any entry requirements?
There is no requirement to have ANY previous knowledge or training in order to undertake this course, however, individuals do need to have the capacity to read and write at literacy Level 2.
The qualification can be undertaken by learners aged 16 or over who wish to work as a CCTV Operative. However, an SIA licence cannot be applied for until the age of 18.
Students MUST arrive with the correct ID as per SIA Requirements which will be detailed on delegate joining instructions. Delegates without the correct ID requirements will not be able to complete the course.
How long is the course?
This course is delivered over 4 full days if distance learning rout is not taken.
Cost is: £165.00 inclusive of certification if booked on line
Where is the course delivered?
The course is delivered at our training facilities in HAyes,southal ,forest gate,Walthamstow, Brxiton Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Coventry, Manchester, however if you would like a group booking to take place in a suitable training environment that is more convenient to you, then this can be provided but cost may differ depending on location.
No Reviews found for this course.